- What is a demure woman?
- What is a secret hidden word?
- What is a secret meeting?
- What is another word for long journey?
- How do you use peregrination in a sentence?
- What does Demureness mean?
- What does Secrate mean?
- What is another word for journey?
- What does knavery mean?
- Is demure positive or negative?
- What does peregrination mean in English?
What is a demure woman?
If you describe someone, usually a young woman, as demure, you mean they are quiet and shy, usually in a way that you like and find appealing, and behave very correctly.
[approval] She’s very demure and sweet.
Synonyms: shy, reserved, modest, retiring More Synonyms of demure..
What is a secret hidden word?
Words related to secret secluded, covert, classified, undisclosed, private, undercover, mysterious, unknown, underground, furtive, hush-hush, obscure, unpublished, confidential, secretive, surreptitious, restricted, mystery, code, key.
What is a secret meeting?
An appointment to meet someone in secret, typically one made by lovers. assignation. rendezvous. tryst. appointment.
What is another word for long journey?
What is another word for long journey?trekjourneytrailtravelwanderlong haultourexcursionvoyagejaunt163 more rows
How do you use peregrination in a sentence?
Peregrination in a Sentence 🔉A peregrination of the huge mall left us all with throbbing feet. … Because Peter wanted to explore the world, he chose a life of peregrination and never slept in one city for longer than three days.More items…
What does Demureness mean?
1. Modest and reserved in manner or behavior. 2. Characterized by or suggestive of reserve or modesty: a demure smile; a demure outfit. [Middle English, probably from Anglo-Norman (influenced by Old French mur, meur, mature, serious), past participle of demurer, to delay, wait; see demur.]
What does Secrate mean?
secrete \sih-KREET\ verb. 1 : to deposit or conceal in a hiding place. 2 : to appropriate secretly : abstract.
What is another word for journey?
What is another word for journey?adventurecampaignexpeditiontripvoyageventurepilgrimagecoursequestcrossing211 more rows
What does knavery mean?
noun, plural knav·er·ies. action or practice characteristic of a knave. unprincipled, untrustworthy, or dishonest dealing; trickery. a knavish act or practice.
Is demure positive or negative?
I don’t think demure in sense 2 has any negative connotations. However, demure used in sense 3 clearly suggests unnaturalness. 2. Of persons (and their bearing, speech, etc.): Sober, grave, serious; reserved or composed in demeanour.
What does peregrination mean in English?
peregrinate • \PAIR-uh-gruh-nayt\ • verb. 1 : to travel especially on foot : walk 2 : to walk or travel over : traverse.